Youth international folk and world music camp – II edition
SICILY, JULY 27th – AUGUST 2nd 2020
“Ethno Sicily” is a musical, intercultural and international project, that will bring together young musicians so that they exchange the traditional music of their cultural background and share. Based on non-formal methods and peer-to-peer teaching, each musician teaches their piece to the others, by oral transmission. The result is a multicultural orchestra which plays pieces from all over-adapted with the influences of each participant.
The 2020 edition, from Monday, July the 27th to Sunday, August the 2th, will bring together around 30 participants from all around the world, aged 18 to 30 years.
They will gather for 7 days for various activities which aim to:
● rehearsals for musical creations (standard Ethno music workshop, every day), following the rule of Ethno;
● final concert with the whole group featured in the program of our international folk and world music festival Alkantara fest;
● Jam sessions with artists involved in the festival;
● leisure time for excursions and visit around the historical sites, including the sea and Mount Etna.
LIMITED SLOTS: ONLY 30 APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED!
All instruments welcome (including voice).
It is possible to get an official invitation by our organization, if you have a music school or academy or university which support your travel expenses.
Cost: Ethno Sicily workshop: € 250 (PayPal accepted)
– including, 7 day pass for Alkantara fest, activities, concerts, meals & accommodation
Age: 18 / 30
Location: OASI MADRE DEL DIVINO AMORE
Via Pietralunga, 61 – 95019 Zafferana Etnea (Catania)
Festival: SOTTO I PINI
via A. Diaz, 208 – Pisano (Zafferana Etnea, Catania) – Tel. +39 (095) 956696 – Mob. +39 (340) 6738926
International EtnoWorld website
Application up to May 31: please click the application form